poppy stamps

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The letdown

Christmas is over.  All the planning, shopping and excitement is over.  Now life returns to what I call normal.

It was so wonderful to see my family again.  But I sure did miss that my daughter could not attend this year.  My brother & wife came from northern Wisconsin and my sister and family came from Minnesota.  We all met at my son's house here in Fond du Lac Wisconsin.  (Not even a mile from my house.  A pure bonus for me!)  My brother purchased a new car and only had 300 miles on it.  On their trip here the had a flat tire.   Then my sister had a blow out on one of the tires on her car.  OY!  What are the odds?  They found a wonderful man  that put two new tires on the car at 4 o'clock Christmas eve.  My sister and family stayed overnight at my house with family including Otto the doxy and Lucy the new Weimer.  Lucy and my dog Pansy played so hard that Pansy dropped over from exhaustion.  Beijing the cat sat in the middle of all the commotion wishing that he was really a dog.  He did claim Lucy as his and Lucy reciprocated by cleaning Beijing's ears.  What a family I have.  The other 2 cats were no where to be found.  They have since come out of their hiding places and Phoebe is sitting on the desk as I type. 
I am glad to report that all family members are home safe and sound! 
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Christmas!
On to new adventures on crafting for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment